Oh the comfort--
the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person--
having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words,
but pouring them all right out,
just as they are,
chaff and grain together,
certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them,
keep what is worth keeping,
and with the breath of kindness blow the rest away.

"Friendship" by M. M. Craik

Friday, December 28, 2012

A New Year's Wish

This New Year's wish is more like a hopeful resolution for the upcoming new year. All of these wishes provide lofty goals for a person to attempt.  This little prayer would make a wonderful motto for 2013.


I wish I were:
    big enough to honestly admit all my shortcomings,
    brilliant enough to accept flattery without it making me arrogant,
    tall enough to tower above deceit,
    strong enough to treasure love,
    brave enough to welcome criticism,
    compassionate enough to understand human frailties,
    wise enough to recognize my mistakes,
    humble enough to be thoughtful of my neighbor,
    and righteous enough to be devoted to the love of God.
                     ~Gordon H. Taggart

No comments:

Post a Comment